1. Try to get great sense of the job territory:
The field of cyber security is always in change at a fast pace because of the rapid advancements in technology. It is always advisable to do your own research to get to know the job requirements and qualifications. When you feel yourself into the field of cyber security, we recommend that you surf the employment sites such as e.g SimplyHired, Monster, Indeed, etc. This can help you get to know about the current qualifications that are required, desired certifications, and needed degrees.
2. Work on your street skills:
Getting your hands dirty in the field of cyber security is really important since employers prefer those with experience of real-life security scenarios rather than those who lack such experiences. Getting a hands-on experience is really advisable. This could be done through the following suggestions:
- Attending security conferences is really important.
- Being a participant in hacking contests gives a great real experience in the field.
- Taking SANS courses is also advisable. Think about this seriously please.
- Search for some open source projects and add your contributions to them.
- Seek internships or trainings in the field of cyber security.